I just wanted to say, again, how much we are loving the beach. We went again today with our friends. We tried to go to the beach on Little Creek Base again, but the barbed wire and large tanks caused us to change our minds. Must be drill day. We went to a beach by Willoughby Spit. I was at first disappointed by the rocks and not so great beach, but we soon discovered an abundance of hermit crabs, fish, blue crabs, coral, other stranged things in shells and jellyfish. We caught a little of each (yes, even a jellyfish), and examined them on the beach. The kids had so much fun. We spent at least two hours just "exploring". It is crazy how so many beaches so close together are so different. After the storm this weekend we are going to hit the waves again at Virginia Beach. I hope Ryan and April will give the beach another chance. A 1/2 hour on a windy day is no way to experience it.
We are supposed to get the tropical storm Gabrielle? Gabriella? on Sunday. It is hitting the Outer Banks and then coming up the coast of Virginia. We are exicted to see it? Is that right? I am excited anyway.
Happy week to everyone.
Alison
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment