Friday, August 10, 2007

Passing of a Prophet, Seer, and Revelator

Like most of you, I was saddened to see this morning that President Faust passed away during the night. Beatta and I have always felt a special reverence and appreciation for this Apostle and Prophet of our Savior and his teachings in General Conference.

He spoke about many important topics in the gospel, yet for me the most memorable trait of President Faust has always been the tender way in which he spoke of his wife, Ruth.

I remember reading in his biography that someone had said "President Faust is a good man, and most members of the Church don't know enough about him." I agree.

How do you remember President Faust?

2 comments:

Mom said...

Sadly, I never felt like I knew him. He was always there and I liked to listen to him. However, he was not the dynamic speaker that, say, President Monson is, and he wasn't in the news as much. He was more in the background. Elder Perry, at our stake conference this weekend, said that President Hinckley would REALLY MISS him.
I didn't know there was a biography.
Mom

Mom

Scott B. said...

The biography is called In the Strength of the Lord, and it's fairly short and sweet--the first half details parts of his life, the second half details some of President Faust's teachings. I always like to read the biographies of these great men--it seems to often provide some personal context to their talk in conference.