yeah...i don't see it. i suppose i could think of a number of moves that seem ok, but nothing really screams at me...it's been a looooooooooonnnnnng time since i last played a game of chess
Q to h2 either mates or snags the queen on the next move. Threatens revealed check with the knight. only way to stop it gives up the queen.
I didn't figure it out on my own either, but when I saw the answer I thought--nice puzzle. Very counterintuitive--the queen does not check and in fact moves farther away.
6 comments:
So white plays...what is my objective? Win in one move? two moves? lose as quickly as possible?
White has a very good move--one that will lead to either an immediate win or an overwhelming advantage in material.
yeah...i don't see it. i suppose i could think of a number of moves that seem ok, but nothing really screams at me...it's been a looooooooooonnnnnng time since i last played a game of chess
Hint: The puzzle is difficult because the move is fairly passive. White's queen moves and then Black must choose between mate or losing his queen.
Queen to g8, right? sorry i took so long to respond.
Q to h2 either mates or snags the queen on the next move. Threatens revealed check with the knight. only way to stop it gives up the queen.
I didn't figure it out on my own either, but when I saw the answer I thought--nice puzzle. Very counterintuitive--the queen does not check and in fact moves farther away.
Post a Comment