Well, I suppose that this is as good a forum as any for revealing the big decision Beatta and I have made: I'm not going to continue in the PhD program at UCI, but will instead work for the next year before enrolling in law school at a yet-to-be-determined institution.
The reason for this decision? I couldn't bear having a degree from a school with an Anteater as it's mascot. Just kidding. It's hard to say, really, beyond that we just feel like it's the right thing to do. I have plenty of opportunities in economics here at UCI, and have made some great connections, but I just don't want to do it anymore. It has been a decision I've considered every minute for the past two years--I seem to remember Ryan saying he also had a hard time deciding between law school and economics. Well, after a year here, I think I've finally decided what I would like to do with my life, and Beatta agrees. Mom and Dad were here last week when we told them about it, and they also think it's a good idea.
More to come on this one...
13 years ago
1 comment:
Best of luck Scott! I still have pangs of regret...especially after hearing about my friend John Gutke's offer from a big firm in Vegas...
Is it too late for me to switch careers?
Ryan
Post a Comment