It means that BYU has blocked my website. Some friends of mine at BYU tried to look at my site this morning, and discovered that I have been banned.Mom, Dad, Ryan, Alison--I have honestly never been so proud of anything in my entire life. I think I'd be okay with dying now. There's nowhere to go from here but down.
2 comments:
Congratulations Scott! What does "anonomyzing utilities" mean, exactly?
It actually means that the problem was with the site I used to send the link to my blog--the URL for my post was really long, so on facebook I use a service called TinyURL to shrink it down--basically, when you click on it, it redirects you through TinyURL.com to the destination site.
Because TinyURL.com makes origination sites anonymous, many government and academic institutions put routine blocks on them, as well as the site the redirector service is trying to reach.
So while my "content" was not banned, it still serves as a good laugh. I would assume you can access my site from BYU's campus by now--it was probably just a glitch.
Post a Comment