Monday, February 23, 2009

Man crush update

Almost by definition, crushes are transitory and the list needs to be updated frequently.

The past list is full of long-term crushes. Here are some more recent, embarrassing, and probably short-term man-crushes:

Vladimir Kramnik

Matt Kenseth

Josh Turner
Man, I've been in the South too long.

Michael Kitchen OK, maybe it's actually Milner. or Sam.

Chuck

Can you have a man crush on a female? I say yes--if the thought of being in their presence makes your throat tighten up and heart pound for non-amorous reasons.

Alison Krauss

Christina Romer

5 comments:

Scott B. said...

I am sorry to be so harsh, but your list, taken as a whole, is an abomination.

Somewhere, in the rules of Man-Crushdom, there are specific clauses which make male singers simply out-of-bounds. In particular, if the singer in question is a country star, the appropriate word is "creepy". I will not argue about this, okay? Okay.

And no, you cannot have Man-Crushes on females. Please. And lumping Alison Krauss in with Christina Romer? Have you no decency?

For shame, Ryan. For SHAME!

Ryan said...

Sorry. I'll curl up and die now

Scott B. said...

Here's my new Man-Squeeze.

Alison said...

that is just wrong Scott. I wish I had not clicked on your link. SICK!!

Scott B. said...

I apologize. Ryan made me do it. Scout's honor.