Sunday, September 23, 2007

Sun Valley fire

Hi -
Here's a couple of pictures of Fox Creek, my second most favorite place to hike. Chocolate Gulch, my favorite, was not burned at all. The grassy area surrounded by burn is a pond in the spring. There are still areas where you can see smoke, although the rain/snow on Tuesday and again this weekend should get it all out.

Also, Iconoclast Books in Ketchum is moving to a new "spacious" location up close by the LDS church. I think the store will lose all of its charm. The old creaky wooden floors, books piled everywhere - I'll miss it!

2 comments:

Scott B. said...

That's sad about Iconoclast. I totally agree about it losing its charm in a new location. A large part of my love for that store was the ability to sit by yourself, enclosed on the floor between the huge shelves and look through misplaced novels by C.S. Lewis.

Tobin said...

I totally agree!! I always felt I had to be so quiet in there because of the "oldness" and that is was somehow a sacred bookstore. Maybe they can take the creaky floors with them.