What fun things is everyone doing for the holidays? Hallie has been coloring (I confess that I have colored my fair share) the Preston Citizen holiday coloring book. We made snowflake cookies and have been doing a Church Christmas countdown with a song and story. Hallie is very excited for Santa and colored him a picture of what she wants (a bike). I am more excited about the holidays this year than I have been for a long time. It may have something to do with the fact that neither Tobin or I work in retail.....
Merry Christmas....and in Scott's case....merry getting all your stuff to Irvine!
Alison
13 years ago
6 comments:
I would just like to point out that I do have the distinction of being the only Bosworth to have actually WON in the Citizen coloring contest.
The year was 198something and I won the award for Van Gas. I got a little "Speedy Gonzalez" doll for my creative genius. And my picture in the paper to boot!
I was just thinking about how I was cheated year after year. I ALWAYS stayed in the lines....hummmmm Maybe I should have just scribbled and then I would have won....like Mr. Speedy himself.
Wasn't Van Gas the place that gave out free popcorn if you got your gas there? I would feel better about gas prices, if they would do that again!!! YUM!!!
No, that was Premium Oil. And, I would buy gas now at a place that gave free popcorn. I'd even go in the store to get it.
Mom
Ah, memories....
I can still see Reid wandering into the back of the store with a half-consumed bag of V-1 popcorn' free with every fill-up. I'm sure filling up your car on over 1,000 consecutive days is some sort of record.
Ah - Christmas traditions. It's a requirement, isn't it, to make candy cane and snowflake cookies. I just make fewer now. Most of the candy cane cookies go to Lee Parker who makes no secret of his desire for them. This year we've done lots of the chocolate nuts. I'm trying to think of an excuse to make wassail. Besides English toffee, what am I forgetting?
Fudge....I can still picture long tubes of tinfoil dog poop looking stuff lurking in the fridge.
I have made wassail twice already.
YUM!!!!!!!!!!!
Alison
Post a Comment