


We received our heating bill for the month of November last week and we were shocked at how much it cost us to heat our home. Having never owned a home, and never having to do any maintenance on the places we have lived, we were, let's say "not in the know" about maintenance issues. We set out to figure out why the bill was double what we thought it should have been. On a good tip from The Boz we checked the air filter on the heater, it was a disaster to say the least. I don't know the last time the filter was changed, but it must have been a while ago because it was full of dust, dirt, and other stuff. We also figured out how to use the ceiling fans to push the warm air down from our high ceilings. We finished putting blinds up on the rest of the windows and are working on sealing up the doorways. The last few days the weather has been really nice here in Norfolk, I am talking high 70's. Alison, Hallie, and I took advantage of the weather and decided we would rake up and bag all the leaves in our yard, since the majority of them have now fallen. Alison did the majority of the raking while I went behind her and bagged them all up. I managed to salvaged a bucket of pecans that we later shelled. It turned into a bigger project than we had originally anticipated. We ended up with 22, 39 gallon bags full of leaves. We were pretty proud of ourselves...until we woke up this morning a little sore from all the work.
No comments:
Post a Comment