Sunday, December 9, 2007

Bookstore opening



ODU had a bookstore opening this past weekend and had some fun events we went to. Friday we went and got a book signed by David Baldacci. I have never been to a book signing and was shocked at the amount of security it entailed. Saturday they had a story time for the kids with Curious George. Hallie and I went with my friend Catherine and her little boy Luke. Saturday night we went to see the lights at the Botanical Gardens. They were amazing.

Alison

5 comments:

Scott B. said...

I don't know how I feel about Curious George. It seems like every time I see it--more often than I'd like--the underlying message(s) of the show is
1) Monkeys can communicate perfectly with humans.
2) As long as you're cute, you can do anything you want, make as big of a mess as you want, destroy others' property as often as you want, and it won't matter because you live in a consequence free environment.

Am I being to harsh here? I'd like to see a little more separation between fantasy and reality in kids cartoons...something along the He-Man lines.

Mom said...

Alison was nice enough to get the autographed book for me! I will soon have a book signed by a Real Author, the first since Nayanuki and Ken Thomasma. Do you all remember him?
I have no opinion on Curious George - from what I remember, he was a rather harmless character. Considering the junk that is out there now, I would think he's OK.
It's fun to have special events available for your kids - all three of you live in a place where such things are possible. However, I think Preston's lights are some of the best, and the city's lights in the park are a new improved version that I'm waiting to take grandchildren to see!

Ryan said...

He-Man?

Scott B. said...

By the power of Gray Skull! HE-MAN!!! You know it baby!

Scott B. said...

Or were you sad that I didn't list She-ra? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shera