Monday, October 29, 2007

What the Poop?!?

If you've talked to Mom or Dad lately, they have possibly mentioned the farce that is our life these days. In case you haven't, let me catch you up to speed.

We moved to Orem about two weeks ago and were just getting settled into our new apartment and my new job when, out of the blue, a man from this firm with whom I had had a fantastic interview two months ago in Irvine called me to say that, although he knew I'd moved to Utah, he would like to hire me if I'm still interested.

I tried for four months to get a job in SoCal with absolutely ZERO success; So we move and within a week I've got a great offer to start as senior staff in a firm I really wanted to work for. Talk about spectacular timing.

In any case, Beatta and I have been going back and forth on this for several days; it would mean putting off law school for a year, but it would be a great job and experience. Gag.

3 comments:

Tobin said...

sounds like Tobin getting offered an assistantship elsewhere after we already moved across the country, only less dramatic. Yours is tougher.

Ryan said...

Net Present Value never faileth... (as a decision rule)

--Chris Lewis

Of course you still need to determine your discount rate.

Ryan said...

Seriously,

Putting off law school a year is probably not that big a deal, but I would take the job ONLY if it

a)improved current life conditions

and

b)did not hurt law school prospects in any way.

Those conditions are probably not hard to meet, but both are essential to making sure you meet the NPV rule.

Of course, the Lord may have some input as well...