Thursday, October 4, 2007

Moving to Provo

Just a quick post to make sure everyone is up-to-date with our situation (because we're so narcissistic that we assume everyone is hanging on the edge of their seats in anticipation) In case Mom and Dad haven't told everyone, we are moving to Provo next week. I tried for 3-4 months to avoid such a move by getting a job in California, but nothing ever came of the job search (though I did get several good lunches...at least I didn't go home completely empty-handed) down here.

I got a job at Shelf Reliance, a company owned by Steve Palmer (Amy Kindred's husband), and will be there for the next little while until I can get into a law school. I'm not entirely sure what my specific job is right now, but will update that later when I get more details myself. Although we're not thrilled about moving to Provo, we're very thankful that we will be near some good friends and that Steve was able to get me a job in his company.

As far as law school is concerned, I'm taking the LSAT on December 1. Where will I be applying? In all honesty, I don't know yet. I know a couple of places that are likely, but if any of you have any advice/suggestions, I'd gladly welcome them.

4 comments:

Ryan said...

Hmm, there may be a law school in Provo. Not sure if it's reputable...

Scott B. said...

Yeah, but the only problem is that you have to agree to wear a hoodie that reads "Lavell For President" and solemnly swear to uphold the claim that Ty Detmer is, in fact, the greatest college football player in history.

Unknown said...

I saw a advertisement on BYU TV this morning for Self Reliance. I hope that means that it's a good up and coming place. I hope it all works out well.

Ryan said...

I presume April meant Shelf Reliance. Although I expect to see self reliance ads on BYU TV as well. I should probably get me some of that. Let me know if you see a good deal on a case.