Monday, October 29, 2007

Cornbread

We are in need of a really good cornbread receipe. Our ward is having a chili cook off and we volunteered to bring some bread. I know Mom's dry cornbread is a favorite....but if anyone else has something a little less crumbly it would be greatly appreciated.
Alison

6 comments:

Scott B. said...

Simplest recipe I know is as follows:

1. Go to the local WalMart
2. Purchase a box of cornbread mix
3. Make it

Tobin said...

thank you Scott. I wanted something a little more tasty. Mom, however, gave the same suggestion, although she suggested buying the kind that actually requires milk and eggs, not just the add water kind.

Scott B. said...

What's the point in making an overly fancy cornbread when you're just going to douse it with honey-butter anyway?

Unknown said...

Ah, obviously you were all raised in the same household as Ryan and not exposed to good cornbread. It is a delicious treat and I admit that I was more than a little bit sad when I got only one piece, which had to be shared with Ian and Ryan, of the cornbread that I took to our ward's chili cook off. I even had one "yankee" ask for the recipe. This is a moist and sweet corn bread, definitely not southern.

RECIPE

Scott B. said...

Long live $.49 cornbread mixes from WalMart!!!

Tobin said...

thanks April. I figured if anyone had a receipe it would be the Raleigh branch of the family.