Thanksgiving is supposed to be a great time to get together with family. So, where will you be? I don't think any of us are getting together with family, although it seems we might in a couple of weeks. Tobin and I are having Thanksgiving with 2 other families in the ward. They are both med-student families, and have huge research papers due next week...just like Tobin. Our plan is to meet around 1:00, eat, leave, boys do homework, girls play/nap, meet again around 6:00 for pie, eat, leave, boys do more homework, girls play/go to bed. Hopefully everyone else can enjoy their holiday a little more than us.
Oh, Mom will be proud...I am taking my china over so we don't eat off paper plates.
13 years ago
4 comments:
I actually think that the Bosworth family Thanksgiving...err...non-family Thanksgiving is kind of embarrassing. I mean, excluding those families where everyone hates each other, can you think of a single family with at least three children and 5.75 grandchildren who will not be in any way, shape or form connected to each other for Turkey Day? We should be ashamed of ourselves.
As for our part, we will be at home in Irvine. Some friends of ours will be down from Santa Maria (get a map) to visit, and I'll be studying like mad for my CFA exam.
I did just about everything as usual - turkey, stuffing, potatoes, gravy, jello salad (except it was the red salad with raspberries and mandarin oranges and it was almost completely set up), pecan pie, bean casserole. We used the good china and place mats. The only things missing were rolls and people.
We helped organize a large get-together of the spanish-speaking members of the ward. We cooked a turkey, April baked 5 pies and various side dishes. Most of the attendees ate tamales and rice.
Kinda strange, but the kids had a great time. There were about 60 people. We ate in the primary room.
I let the jell-o set up for too long, so the pineapple, marshmallows, & bananas were all pretty much sitting on top. So I mixed it all up and mashed them down into the bottom of the pan.
Awesome.
back to studying...
Post a Comment