Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Birds

I doubt if any of you are old enough to remember the Hitchcock classic, "The Birds". It's about a group of birds that get angry enough to start attacking people, with a famous scene showing two people in a phone booth getting attacked by hordes of crazed crows.

We are, in a way, living this nightmare. Apparently the population of robins has reached a level where Mother Nature feels the herd needs to be thinned. The past three mornings I have been awakened around sunrise to a solid "klonk" as a robin crashes into one of our windows. Before I got up around eight this morning there were two more collisions. This goes on all day, with at least a half-dozen klonks. I have either buried or dumpstered three in the past week. No end is in sight. It makes no difference if teh shades are open or closed, and one window seems as good as another.

Please help.

3 comments:

Mom said...

But at least the salamander is doing very well.

Scott B. said...

Stand not in the way of evolution, Dad. These weak-minded robins must go.

Dad said...

Sure - until the poor salamander gets squashed by a falling robin.