Wednesday, April 9, 2008

What I Do

This post has moved to a new site.

3 comments:

Ryan said...

Interesting. When I interviewed at LECG, the "practice" case study they had me work on was an intellectual property rights infringement case. Central to the case was the concept of price erosion. As I recall, the problem was that, when the competitor's product arrived, both P and Q moved. To complicate the situation, market forces had changed in some other way. Figuring out how much of the change could be credibly assigned to the infringement and how much to market forces was tricky. I can't remember what I said about how to figure it out, but they offered me a job. For not very much. This was what ultimately convinced me that graduate school was necessary. I think that if I had a master's degree at the time it may have been much more attractive

Scott B. said...


"...they offered me a job. For not very much...I think that if I had a master's degree at the time it may have been much more attractive"


So what you're saying is that if you had a master's degree, you'd be willing to work for less? Is your middle name "Giffen" or something like that?

Ryan said...

The respect they would have given me would have been a sufficient compensating wage differential.

Ha!

Actually, the guy told me "you don't have an M.S.--we can't pay you much."