I am having lunch next month with this guy. My goal is to avoid acting like a blushing schoolgirl.
Other man-crushes I have or have had:
Stefan Edberg
Tyler Cowen
Greg Mankiw
Payne Stewart
Jeff Hornacek
Greg Maddux
Scott, Tobin, Dad: Time to fess up. Who's your man-crush?
(If you need a clarification of Man-crushes (or, as they call it in California, Guy-Love), check out this video on YouTube).
13 years ago
15 comments:
Same on I've always had - Hale Irwin
I had forgotten about Stefan Edberg. But really, Ryan, isn't Payne the only one on your list?
Mom
I think Dad needs to be reminded of a certain someone.
Ryan is absolutely correct. One should not respond to such things as blog questions until a proper amount of pondering has been done. At my age, the proper amount is at least 24 hours.
Having invested the time, I would like to amend my man-crushes to include George Will, and also:
Ben Stein
Alton Brown
All my man-crushes share a common trait - they are men of vision with poor vision.
Coach Boone
Dan Patrick
Stephen Colbert
Jim Rome
Steve Irvine-The Crocodile Hunter
Honorable Mention:
-David Letterman (just a little too un-manly)
-Milton Friedman (blessed be his name)
-Stockton-to-Malone
Did anyone else notice that I misspelled the crocodile hunter's last name? It's Irwin, not Irvine. Irvine is where I live. I'm so confused.
I thought for sure Ryan would have Pete Sampras or Andre Agassi. We sure watched them alot.
I also failed to mention that "Niskanen" is a hard-core traditional FINNISH name. It means, essentially, "Napelet", as is, a small nape of your neck (the back part of your neck).
"a small nape of your neck"?!!?!
Now there is no way I'll be able to keep a straight face through lunch.
Coach Boone: nice choice. I guess we know who's your daddy now.
Indeed, blessed be the name of Milton Friedman.
Pete and Andre were great, but there is no love like first love. Stefan is THE MAN! I serve and volley because he did. I will never forget the absolute whuppin' (6-2, 6-4, 6-0) he put on Jim Courier in the 1991 U.S. Open final. And the next year he beat Sampras(!) in the final. Then, he got old. Sigh.
I forgot about Greg Maddux. He wears glasses, too. Perhaps Ryan would share him with me.
Not anymore. Maddux got lasik. In the middle of a season. Didn't miss a start.
I'd still like a piece of him.
I may be mistaken, but I believe we have yet to hear from Tobin.
Tobin! Answer the call!
Post a Comment