I saw that too. Very interesting. I had to read a bunch of papers like that in my contract theory class. It seems that lots of researchers use data from the PGA tour because it is easily available and because it is easier to relate results to effort in an individual sport. (You can't free ride on your teammates.) Also, unlike tennis, what your opponent does only indirectly affects you (via psychological effects like the article describes.)
1 comment:
I saw that too. Very interesting. I had to read a bunch of papers like that in my contract theory class. It seems that lots of researchers use data from the PGA tour because it is easily available and because it is easier to relate results to effort in an individual sport. (You can't free ride on your teammates.) Also, unlike tennis, what your opponent does only indirectly affects you (via psychological effects like the article describes.)
Post a Comment