Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year's Resolutions

I am not normally one for New Year's resolutions, but here is my list. Share your own if ya got 'em.

Ryan's Lame New Year's resolutions (in no particular order.)
  1. Avoid allowing the Ducks or Jazz to get my hopes up.
  2. Lose a few pounds. In the immortal words of Cameron Jensen: "I guess I'll have to exercise more, 'cause I don't see me eatin' less."
  3. Read more, read better. (Suggestions anyone?)
  4. A couple of academic articles in top field journals.
  5. Blog more.
  6. More frequent temple attendance.
  7. Keep driving record clean. (That's right people! I have not had a ticket for (almost) three years. It's just my way of sticking it to The Man.)
Addendum: For the comments to make sense, see this.

5 comments:

Scott B. said...

You know that episode of Seinfeld about Festivus. What if the "Airing of Grievances" could be extended to New Years resolutions as well--kind of like a suggestion box. How nasty would that be?

Ryan said...

I have suggested to April that we have a time to inform everyone of "all the ways they have disappointed him or her over the past year". She feels it would not lead to a spirit of harmony and peace...

Scott B. said...

I'd also like to point out that three years without a ticket is nothing. I have not had a ticket since I was a senior in high school--that is a streak of over 20 times being pulled over without a ticket. Knock on wood!

Ryan said...

I'm not sure I have ever been pulled over and not gotten a ticket.

Except when Bishop Fryer pulled me over in Old Green on suspicion of drunk driving and I explained that I was just learning to drive a stick.

Oh yeah. And when the cop in Montana let Brian Farnsworth and I go when we were doing 96.

Mom said...

Will you continue to get your hopes up for the Gags? Or maybe you have no hope for them.

My resolutions:
1. Climb to the shoulder of Hyndman Peak.
2. Hike to Boulder Lake
3. A new hike in (1)the Sawtooths, (2) the Boulders, (3)the White Clouds, and (4) the Smokies
4. Read the Sunday School and Relief Society lessons before the lesson
5. Read War and Peace
6. Go to VA/MD Eastern shore and Tangier island
7. Go somewhere new in NC and southern CA.
8. Find more Earnests, Bichsels, and Jones (Family history)
Enough already! Actually, I do better with monthly and weekly goals than yearly ones.

Mom