Literally moments ago, Beatta announced that an historic event had taken place: She ate, of her own free will and choice, a serving of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. And she didn't hate it. To be honest, I never thought I would see this day--I had resigned myself to the sad reality that it was one of those foods, like peanut butter, root beer, and cherry soda that Beatta would never come to accept as part of a balanced diet.The magnitude of this event can scarcely be overestated. I have tried for the past six years to get her to enjoy this delicacy of delicacies--indeed, I've slowly worked on her by introducing close substitutes (homemade mac n' cheese), tried different varieties and shapes (Three Cheese, White Cheddar, Spirals, etc...), and on occasion simply tried patience and persuasion.
Personally, I feel a major thorn in the side of an otherwise successful marriage has been removed. The clouds have parted and the sun now shines upon our home. We can finally, as a whole family, enjoy a $0.97 yellow dinner together.
