Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Blogging vs. Facebook

Does anyone feel like this blog has become somewhat superfluous in light of Mom's arrival on Facebook? While acknowledging that Dad is still a hold-out on that scene, I kind of feel like a family "group" on FB is a better, less cumbersome way of accomplishing the same things that we have been using this blog for:

1. Pictures of our children
2. Snarky commentary on various aspects of our lives
3. Links to interesting things on the Interwebs

The new Group functionality on FB does each and every one of these things more easily. Other things equal, I prefer communicating with people through fewer sites, and since we all already are on FB, why not just streamline it all?

Your thoughts?

5 comments:

Scott B. said...

My vote is to move to FB. Since Beatta isn't an American citizen, she can't vote, but she would agree with me.

Alison said...

I am good with FB. Saves me from having to post everything twice.

Ryan said...

My only concern would be that the blog serves as a chronicle of sorts. I'd like to keep the archives.

Scott B. said...

Absolutely, Ryan. One idea would be to create a hardcover book of the blog--Beatta has done this with our blog (2 volumes), and I quite like it as a way of preserving the archive. There are several web-based services that do the majority of the work for you--you just import and format the blog posts/comments and it creates the book for you.

Mom said...

I'm fine with the facebook. I also would like and would finance the hardcover book. That would be fun to have.