
November has been a busy month for the North Carolina Bosworths.
On the 8th and 9th we took a trip to Wilmington. We went to the USS North Carolina, Fort Fisher, and the beach.
On the 22 and 23, I went to the Southern Economic Association Conference in San Antonio where I presented a paper on class size, class composition, and student attainment. I also went to the Alamo and met one of my man-crushes.
On the 30th, I went to VIR for a day of driving fast (tempered somewhat by the rainy conditions) with a member of my stake presidency and a group of friends from my other religious organization. Below is some footage with a familiar white car in it.
7 comments:
"...tempered somewhat by the rainy conditions..."
Wuss.
How was the Alamo? I've always had some sort of odd curiosity with it, which has led to exactly no action, not even having seen any of the several films devoted to it.
I love going to the Alamo. I've been there 3 times. At most historic sights, I have a hard time actually visualizing the events. The Alamo feels very "real" to me.
It also reminds me of the song "Davy Crockett in Outer Space" by TMBG. That always cracks me up.
I visited the Alamo for the one and only time in my life when I was in seventh grade. The memories have stuck with me. It's small, right in the middle of town, and if you're not careful you'll step on graves of some who died there.
Mom,
Most people are only in 7th grade once.
Uh...thanks for mentioning Thanksgiving with us...pretty sure that was in November too.
Tobin's comment when I asked him how the Alamo was when he went in July..."it was a lot smaller than I thought it would be"
Tobin is never impressed with anyone.
Oh yeah! We had a totally memorable Thanksgiving in Norfolk. (But I don't have any pictures to share.) Ian and Hallie enjoyed playing in the street. I love your new house.
Post a Comment