There has been some unusual disagreement over the best chocolate chip cookies in the Bosworth kingdom of late. No less than a month ago, Mom and Dad showed up on our doorstep in Irvine touting what they claimed was the new replacement to my special variation of the Bosworth chocolate chip cookie.
Now, our own uncle and brother--one Tom Rich--has offered this recipe as a possibility. I was skeptical at first, but any recipe with sea salt sprinkled on top deserves consideration.
I suggest we all put forth our best efforts and put this game to bed: What is the best recipe for chocolate chip cookies?
13 years ago
9 comments:
Suzanne and I tried the New York Times "best" recipe. If the fact that each cookie has 20 zillion calories doesn't bother you, I highly recommend them. They were amazing cookies. I should also note the opinion of Suzanne, the best cook I have ever known. She believes that the key is letting the dough age at least 12 hours, as well as using the highest quality chocolate -- her favorite is ghirardelli.
BTW -- the Times' exhaustive analysis of chocolate chip cookies is at http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/09/dining/09chip.html
I am willing to try new receipes, however, everytime I make Mom's cookies for people, they claim that they are the best they have ever eaten.
I am not sure that I am qualified to judge sweets, as I truly thought Mom's microwave brownies were good...YIKES!!!
Well, the cook's illustrated folks agree with Suzanne that the Ghirardelli chips are the best.
I think ghirardelli is good, but overrated. I like several others just as much.
such as ...
Mock away if you want, but I have found the Albertson's specialty brand (Essentia) to be my favorite. I would never have guessed this--I bought them once because they were on sale and I was cheap, and I've never looked back since.
Mock you ?! What do you think I am -- some New England liberal pinko snob ! We don't have Albertsons out here. Maybe you can send me some for my birthday ... so that then I can mock you.
Well, the mockery would be justified under normal circumstances simply because I confessed to preferring a store-brand over a well-known chocolate specialist's chips.
As for birthday presents...
Post a Comment