




This week has been one crazy week!!! Wow, we have hardly have time to sleep. The last of our adventures this week was supporting the YM/YW in the ward with a pinewood derby and bake sale. Our brownies went for 25 bucks...and no they were not Mom's microwave ones. The fun part was that Hallie got to race her very own car. Tobin stayed up way to late carving and sanding it, and Hallie and I had a blast painting and decorating it to her very pink standards. She won no races....but claims her car is super fast. She also has the cutest most blinged out car, so she is the WINNER.
3 comments:
That reminds me of a pinewood derby car Dad and I made when I was in cub scouts. It was far and away the coolest car on the block--silver with red striping, a snazzy spoiler, and was number #20 for Barry Sanders, my favorite football player at the time.
It was also, without question, the slowest piece of wood on wheels in the competition. I'm not even sure it made it all the way down the ramp during the races.
I don't remember which car -Ryan's or Scott's - had the 1/2-oz. bullet-shaped worm weights for headlights.
They apparently didn't help.
No wonder Ryan didn't like scouts much--his car wasn't the fastest. The cars that he helps Ian build at the children's museum here are always the fastest.
Post a Comment