Underrated:
Root-beer floats
Rice Krispy treats
Pecan pie
Hot-fudge sundaes
Overrated:
Brownies
White chocolate anything
Pumpkin pie
All fruit-based desserts except Peach Pie and Apple Pie
Pudding
13 years ago
A home for all things Bosworth! Pictures, comments, recipes, or whatever else might be of interest to the rest of the family!
8 comments:
Exception to "All Fruit-Based desserts: NARB's Rhubarb Cobbler, which, regrettably, she never makes, is very much Underrated.
I also propose another Category: "Can't live Without Desserts" First entry:
NARB's Cheesecake.
Where do we put chocolate chip cookies and No-Bakes?
chocolate chip cookies and no-bakes are "exactlyrated"
Agree on the cheesecake.
I really like mom's butterscotch bars.
Is Mom's jello-on-a-lettuce-leaf considered a dessert or side dish?
If it's a dessert, it would have to be construed as being fruit-based, in which case I appeal to the judge for another exception.
I don't think Mom's jello can sit on a lettuce leaf. Can anyone remember the last time her jello actually set up enough to not have to be eaten out of a bowl with a spoon?
@ Alison
What you say is true, but it doesn't get to the question of whether or not it's a dessert.
Criticisms of the use of lettuce in a jello dish are valid, but they're not on-topic.
Sorry about my abuse of mom's jello. I think it is dessert worthy as long as you don't eat the lettuce. Who would eat soggy jello lettuce anyway.
The real question is "How do perceptions of lettuce jello salad match up with reality?"
I argue that the intense scrutiny that jello lettuce is subject to means that it is rated correctly. You get exactly what you expect. Jello on a lettuce leaf. Basically sugar, flavor and lettuce. Yum!
Future post: What foods are over/under rated?
Post a Comment