Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving

Good:

At least twice per Thanksgiving, I can find a legitimate excuse to use the phrase "flip the bird". Once when cooking, once when carving.

Green beans with french fried onions.

Good rolls

Pie. April's pies beat up other pies and make them cry.

Bad:

Turkey. Why is it that, once a year, everyone pretends like they like turkey? Anything done with turkey would be better if it were chicken. Stop pretending otherwise.

Someone shows up with a sweet potatoes/marshmallows concoction and expects you to eat it.

Cleaning.

2 comments:

Alison said...

Good--I agree with the green beans and french onion
Not having to cook/deal with the turkey
Watching everyone's expressions as they tried Mom's jello. Watching them go get more and admit to liking it.

Bad-- no family this year
having to be quiet while Tobin studies
stuffing with too many different things in it (carrots, potatoes, cranberries...I like it simple).

Scott B. said...

Good:

-Dad's cranberry sauce

-Having dinner with a group of people who only eat light meat, so I get all the dark meat to myself

-No one from the EQ tried to make me play in a Turkey Bowl

-No french fried onions or green beans located within an hour's drive of our house.

Bad:

-moral dilemma about studying vs. being with family on a holiday

-quick-setting jell-o

-Detroit Lions