but MSNBC's list makes more sense to me. Of course, we know from standard economic theory that if one community really is unambiguously more desirable than another that people will move there until prices are driven up enough to exactly offset the improved amenities. Even more to the point, every city is the best for each inhabitant. If it wasn't, they would move. Assuming costless moves and full information, of course.
Maybe Irvine has great amenities (especially the weather) and high prices, while Raleigh is affordable and still pretty nice.
Interesting that Ft. Collins made both lists.
Boise at #2?
13 years ago
3 comments:
I'm sorry...I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome Irvine is.
I'd also like to point out this to you.
Boise, Raleigh, and Irvine - great places and I see them on all the "good places to live" lists. I don't suppose Norfolk will ever make such a list.
Post a Comment