Sunday, June 29, 2008

Good Tuna Salad

First, a Disclaimer:

I am NOT a Martha Stewart fan, even though one of her color schemes graces our basement (yeah, the yellow room). This is allegedly her recipe, and it's pretty good.

2 6-oz. cans good quality white albacore tuna, drained.
2 stalks celery, split lengthwise and sliced thin.
1 crisp apple, such as a Gala or Fuji, cored, peel left on diced 1/4".
3 T. mayonnaise
2 T chopped fresh basil (dried's no good here).
1 T lemon juice.
Salt & Pepper to taste.

Mix well. I like it on toast or a crusty roll, Mom ate it on lettuce leaves.

Enjoy

6 comments:

Scott B. said...

I think you're confused, Dad. Mom eats Jello on lettuce leaves; not tuna salad.

Ryan said...

I thought Jello was the dressing for the lettuce and the marshmallows were like bacon bits.

Mom said...

Ah, thank you so much for your comments! You both know that Martha and your grandmother would agree the lettuce is necessary for visual appeal. The soupiness of the jello - well, that's another issue altogether.

Alison said...

Mom makes the best soupy jello ever. It was one of the first things Tobin noticed after eating at the Bosworth house.

Scott B. said...

Maybe we should stop calling it jello and just call it "Lettuce Soup" instead.

Dad said...

This got morphed into a discussion of Jello. Fine, then. Don't eat the tuna salad.