Since the epic fail that was our attempt to use GoodReads as a family, it ocurred to me that I am not really aware of what everyone is reading these days, or interested in reading in coming days. For me, the list is more or less only two-deep at the moment, and I don't have either, yet.
1. Agassi's autobiography (which, I assume, everyone will want to read).
2. Bill Simmons' the Book of Basketball (which, I assume, no one will want to read, except maybe Ryan, and which I will get a signed copy of at the book signing in a couple of weeks.)
Of course, I am always willing to drool over the Joseph Smith Papers Project volumes 1 & 2, but they are a bit pricey and more of a long-term reading project.
How about you folks?
13 years ago
4 comments:
I'm also going to read the Agassi autobio. (He had me at "mohawk toupee".)
I just finished reading "Traffic: Why we drive the way we do and what it says about us." It was fantastic, but a bit academic for some tastes (the last third of the book is footnotes and citations.) Wonderful if you are interested in economics, psychology, and engineering.
"Create your own economy" (Tyler Cowen) is great. Talks a lot about autism and how technology is changing culture.
I'm reading "Next Stop, Reloville: Life Inside America's Rootless Professional Class" I'm proud to say I'm not a "relo." But now I understand who's buying the McMansions that are springing up in our neighborhood.
Tom, your comment made me think about Cary, the major suburb between Raleigh and Durham, near the Research Triangle park. The locals say Cary stands for "Containment Area for Relocating Yankees".
Tobin-Atlas Shrugged
Alison-not much time for anything, finished Amalia's Tale.
Lots of "how to" books for painting, stripping hard wood floors...ect...
Hallie-The Skippyjon Jones books
Adelaide-anything she can get her mouth on.
Post a Comment