with my friend who drives this.
Me: My brother drives a Mazda RX8...but I don't really know much about them.
My Friend: Oh, yeah! The RX8 is a pretty slick machine. Generates a ton of torque.
Me: So, it's a good sports car, then?
My Friend: Well, it's not like mine.
13 years ago
10 comments:
MSRP=191,700.00
faints...
Here's a great RX-8 review if you like British TV:
Here
This was a response to the ongoing haughtiness in your posts regarding your Mazda. A little perspective, please.
BTW, the ride in the Porsche is very fine.
As Ferris Bueller said regarding this automobile, "If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up."
Has James had it out on track?
Perspective was attained on the backstretch at VIR in our club president's Miata. A couple of Porsche products passed us like we were standing still. And a Viper. And a Corvette. And several less impressive marques.
Mazda guys don't have anything to be haughty about--we just love cheap fun.
He said he's not taken this one out (it's new), but he did take out his "old" 911 (2006) and his "older" 911 (2004, if I recall) to the track.
My experience in his car (both the new one and the 2006) is limited mostly to terrifying moments on the freeway on- and off-ramps.
Next best thing to a track is the on- and off-ramps...
I realized I had linked the wrong car...his is a GT3, not a GT2. I fixed the link.
Worth noting that modified versions of the RX8 and GT3 compete in the GT class of the Grand-Am Rolex Sports car series. It is basically the highest level of production car -based sports car racing.
This year, the Speedsource Mazda RX8 won the GT class at the 24 hours of Daytona, ending a long win streak for the GT3.
From the write-up: "The SpeedSource Mazda team beat the runner-up Porsche by over five
laps. The win was the 22nd class win at the race for Mazda and a ended a
lengthy winning streak by Porsche at the biggest 24 hour race in America.
Along the way, the SpeedSource number 70 car beat over two dozen Porsche
911 GT-3s, a handful of Pontiacs, a pair of Ferrari 430 Challenges, a
Corvette, and a BMW M6."
Post a Comment